Ingram Micro set four basic values to create an agreeable and motivating work environment for everyone in the Warehouse and Office.
As trainees, we have also seen the positive impact of these values, which we would like to share with you. Before we do that, I (Lena) would like to introduce some aspects of these values which I care very deeply about:
- We appreciate each and every employee and their commitment – everyone is needed
- We give everyone a feeling of belonging and acceptance
- We listen to and help each other
- We recognise people's performance and articulate our recognition.
- We do not favour or disadvantage anyone and we assign tasks fairly
- We have no prejudice and do not judge others
- We do not blame others for our mistakes, we simply admit them
- We support each other.
- We show every colleague respect for their work and performance, no matter which area we work in
- We treat each other with respect and see everyone as equals
- We treat others the way we wish to be treated
- We cooperate instead of working against each other.
- We have no prejudice towards cultures differing from our own
- We allow room for other people's opinions and respect them
- We talk about problems and "difficult" topics
- We can take criticism and we give feedback.
Our Personal Experience
Our personal experience at Ingram Micro was almost always positive. The employees and colleagues are very helpful and friendly. No matter what your question is and how many times you ask, you will always get a reply. We are allowed and encouraged to always be open and honest in case something is bothering us.
We have also felt very much appreciated so far.
We receive recognition for our work and regular constructive feedback.
- Openness – We can take criticism and we give feedback
- Appreciation – We recognise people's performance and articulate our recognition.
Nicholas who is in his first year of Vocational Training as Warehouse Logistics Specialist says, "I have had many situations where I could assess my strengths and weaknesses and improve on them. This is because we regularly receive feedback from our training instructors, and we can openly give our assessment, so we recognise each other's work, improve ourselves, and can shape our training together."
- Appreciation – We listen to and help each other
- Fairness – We support each other
Erik who is in his first year of Vocational Training as Qualified IT Specialist on System Integration says, "Up until now, I could ask all of my questions to which I always received well-founded answers. No matter how many times I asked.
In general, we have a great work environment where you can work and learn in peace and with focus, which I personally find very motivating."
- Respect – We treat each other with respect and see everyone as equals
- Openness – We allow room for different opinions and respect them
Lisa who works at Ingram Micro as a student employee, says, "When I had only worked here for one month, I was already allowed to join a meeting on preparations for our Summer Sale. The only people present were the two event planners and our Manager. Despite me being completely new at the company, having very little experience in this field and still trying to figure everything out, I was allowed to share my ideas."
- Respect – We treat others the way we wish to be treated
- Respect – We cooperate instead of working against each other
My experience (Lena – in her first year of Vocational Training as Management Assistant in Office Management), "It doesn't matter which department I currently work in, all my questions are answered and I can always ask for help. I feel very much appreciated here at Ingram and I truly feel at ease. My vocational trainers and all the other Office employees are always happy to support me and offer a helping hand. We always try to find a solution that works for everyone when we're faced with a challenge while treating others the way we wish to be treated. I really like being on a first-name basis with all my colleagues and I appreciate the open and friendly atmosphere."
All the best from Lena, your Ingram Micro trainee